You never know what your kids will be into at the time of your trip, and with small kids, it's usually the details. On our trip to Istanbul, Everest had an obsession with rain gutters - on eaves and streets, and was fascinated to watch how the water flowed through them to its destination. That turned out to be a good thing since we had some rain on our trip.
There's no guidebook that will tell you where to find the small details a four year old might be interested in, and that can create a wonderful sense of discovery as you go through your day. Here we are at Topkapi Palace, one of Istanbul's top sights. The kids thought it was fun to explore the grounds, but Everest was just overjoyed to discover this ornate gutter!Related Links
Istanbul with Kids
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.