Wondering what you'll sneak out to see and do during BlogHer? Looking for some great neighborhoods to explore, some offbeat experiences, or perhaps the best shopping in town? Here are some of my favorite online resources for planning a trip to San Francisco
- Concierge.com (Conde Nast Traveler) and Fodors.com always have solid recommendations
New York Times city guides are great because they focus on timely reviews
Local Guide to San Francisco BlogHer2008 on CryItOut is excellent and funny
- City By The Bay by BlogHer travel editor Pam Mendel gives you inspiration and ideas to head out on your own
- Valencia Street, San Francisco: Hipster Hunting Ground helps you explore an interesting neighborhood
- 36 Hours in SoMa SoMa is the area south of the Westin. Note that the aquarium is now closed while it moves back to its permanent location
- Cruise San Francisco Bay With The Locals by Brook Wilkinson. (Thanks Sheila)
- Walking Map of San Francisco shows you where the hills are (and aren't)
- A Walking Guide to Fillmore Street helps you explore a non-touristy area of the city
- Soundseeing Walking Tour of San Francisco (podcast) from Amateur Traveler
- See San Francisco in a Day has some great tips and photos from a local mom blogger.
Bugaboo Daytrips Printable Map
- Things to Do With a Toddler in San Francisco on City Mama
- Being Savvy San Francisco and GoCityKids San Francisco are good resources for activities and "what's on now."
- The 11 Best Ways to Explore San Francisco with the Family By Noelle Salmi (Thanks Sheila)
- Spend a CHEAP week in San Francisco on RookieMoms
- Top Ten San Francisco Activities My Kids Loved Most by Wendy Perrin.
- Away.com: San Francisco in Summer With Kids
Everything You Need to Know about San Francisco With Kids here on DeliciousBaby
- Concierge.com's 2008 Hot List will help you find restaurants that are as happening as they are delicious.
- The San Francisco Chronicle's Food Pages are always an excellent resource for the latest restaurant reviews.
- Bon Appetit Guide to the Best Restaurants in San Francisco
- For Meals Under $25 Go Where Locals Don't on the NYTimes.com
- TasteSF has the latest restaurant news
Did I miss one of your favorite Websites, Articles or Blog Posts? Please let me know in the comments!