About Debbie Dubrow
Hi there, I'm Debbie, and I travel often with my three kids (age 6, 5, and 2). Besides DeliciousBaby.com, I'm also the co-founder of an exciting new iPhone travel app called TripDoc that helps you keep track of where you want to go on vacation. In addition
- I co-founded and co-manage Passports with Purpose, the annual travel blogger's fundraiser that has raised almost $200k total (more on that below).
- I write regularly for Conde Nast Traveler's new website. I have also written for Nickelodeon's Parents Connect, and National Geographic Traveler.
- I speak about traveling with kids through the Rick Steves Speakers Bureau.
- I run the (private) family travel blogger's Facebook group
Much mainstream media family travel coverage is written by parents of older kids or writers who do not travel. I offer the perspective and real-world tips that only a mom who travels frequently with her kids can offer.
Rankings and Awards
- In January 2012, DeliciousBaby was the #5 most popular independent travel blog (and the most popular family travel blog) according to rankings by invesp which take several different factors, including audience, subscribership, and page rank into account. DeliciousBaby outranks blogs owned by National Geographic, USA Today and the Travel Channel
- DeliciousBaby is a PageRank 5 site in Google.
- The New York Times describes DeliciousBaby as "one of the top family travel sites on Google." DelicousBaby has also been listed as one of the most influential travel blogs by syndicated columnist Chris Elliott, Babble in 2011and 2012 and Red Tricycle
- My tips, and links to DeliciousBaby have appeared in on websites including Conde Nast Traveler, MSNBC.com, the LA Times, the Chicago Sun Times, and top 100 blogs like LifeHacker and Consumerist.
- DeliciousBaby was listed as one of the top 50 travel tweeters to follow in the UK's Telegraph
Over 1900 people subscribe to DeliciousBaby through our RSS feed. During February 2012, the site had 76k unique visitors and 260k page views. Our visitors are primarily from the US and Canada, though we also have significant traffic from the UK and Australia. DeliciousBaby is also syndicated through Newstex and BlogBurst, meaning that readers can view our articles via sources like LexisNexis, Amazon Kindle, and on other websites like SunTimes.com and USAToday.com.
Wondering why this differs from publicly available traffic measurements like Compete or Alexa? Here's a resource showing how those websites can be innacurate. I'm always happy to share a more recent screenshot of DeliciousBaby's Google Analytics charts. If you need up-to-date numbers, just ask!
This is a young site and continues to grow rapidly. If you are interested in advertising, please send me email at debbie AT deliciousbaby DOT com. Please note that I do not sell text link ads and all advertising is clearly labeled as an ad.
I am especially proud that my blog posts on Advantage Rent-A-Car's Unsafe Car Seats spawned two under-cover news investigations and significant changes in corporate policy.
I was interviewed for the NPR Radio Show Sound Focus. You can listen to the segment here:
I have moderated panels at two annual TBEX Conferences
Print and Web
My articles and advice have appeared on many influential websites, including:
- Regular posts about family travel on Conde Nast Traveler's Website
- A month of posts about holiday travel on Nickelodeon's ParentsConnect
- ABC News Affiliates in San Diego and Seattle
- New York Times: Ingenuity Helps to Ease Traveling With Children"
- USA TODAY Weekend: Road Trip Survival Guide
- Fox Business: Nine Ways to Have Thrifty Theme Park Thrills
- MSNBC: 7 Tips to Blogging Your Way to a Better Trip
- Perrin Post on Conde Nast Traveler's Concierge.com May 2 2008 and April 19 2008
- The LA Times Travel Blog
- Cookie Magazine Blog
- The Chicago Sun Times Online
- Frommer's: Arthur Frommer Online
- Rookie Moms
- iParenting (Disney) interview about babyproofing when you travel
Passports With Purpose FundraiserTravel Blog Exchange (TBEX) '09
Together with Pam Mandel of Nerds Eye View, Beth Whitman of Wanderlust and Lipstick, and Michelle Duffy of Wandermom, I organized an annual travel blogger's fundraiser that has blown past it's goal each year since it's inception in 2009. So far, we've raised $7,400 for Heifer International (year 1), 29k to build a school in Cambodia, and $64k to build an entire village in India, and $90k to build two schools in Zambia through a partnership with Room to Read.
On July 26 2009, travel bloggers and established travel writers met in Chicago for TBEX'09, a conference I co-hosted with Kim Mance of Galavanting. Speakers included Wendy Perrin of Conde Nast Traveler, Jen Leo of the LA Times, Chris Elliott, Disney PR, and more. Topics included building a lively travel blog, working with PR, writing for print versus blogging, podcasting and more. The event was, by all accounts, a smashing success. Click here for the full list of speakers for TBEX'09
Who I've Worked With
I've worked with many popular brands. These have been fun projects for me because they show my readers a bit of the world through my eyes. Brands I've worked with include
- The Hawaii Tourism Authority
- British Columbia Tourism
- Four Seasons
- Disneyland Parks and Aulani Resort
- Diamond PR
- Ford Motor Company
Review Policy, Advertising and Commission Disclosure
I want readers to value my reviews and my opinion, so I am careful to recommend only products that I think are relevant and useful for traveling families. If you represent a company with a relevant product or service that you think is a good fit for DeliciousBaby, email me (debbie at deliciousbaby dot com) to have it considered for review. Accepting a product does not guarantee a review and coverage may or may not be positive. Reviews of any received products or services will disclose the source of the item, and products valued at over US$40 will be (a) returned to the manufacturer, (b) given away to readers, or (c) donated. Editorial reviews are separate and distinct from advertising on DeliciousBaby.com.
I do not accept guest posts that are written with the goal of embedding text links to a product or service.
I accept banner ads and paid placements in a weekly deal post. All advertisements are clearly designated as ads. I may receive a commission whenever a visitor purchases an item or service using an ad or affiliates link from my site.
You can also add your recommendations to our city guides, and each recommendation will include a link back to your website. For more information click here.
I run a limited number of giveaways and am successful in attracting many contestants to each giveaway I run. In addition to promotion on my own site, you'll also receive promotion on websites including Contest Girl, Free Sweepstakes, Contests, CashNet Sweepstakes, and Sweepstakes Universe
Thanks for visiting DeliciousBaby