There's been a lot of buzz on Twitter about the TBEX gift bags, so I wanted to post a few pictures here, and to thank the very generous companies who contributed products and services.
Here's what it included:
- A roomy High-Sierra backpack from Hertz
- A free level one language lesson from Rosetta Stone wow, there are 31 languages to choose from!
- Free inflight wi-fi from Gogo Inflight Internet
- Free wi-fi from and a cool flashing luggage tag from boingo
- A tugo cupholder that attaches to your rolling suitcase
- A copy of Ask Arthur Frommer: And Travel Better, Cheaper, Smarter
- A $10 gift certificate and free shipping from Minimus.biz to buy travel sized items
- 15-minute battery chargers (with car adapter) from Energizer
- Lots and lots of Starbucks Via Ready Brew This makes a great substitute for instant coffee in recipes
- Travel First Aid Kit from Tots on-the-go
- A CD of past podcasts from Indie Travel Podcast
- Water bottle from TravelPod these really came in handy, as the number of attendees made the room warm!
- A Thumb Drive from Hotels.com
- Stamped postcards of Chicago from Home Away
Feeling a little left out? GoGo generously provided a coupon code you can use for 50% off of Inflight Internet. This coupon code is good until Aug 31, '09 158FLF7365.