This is the first time I've used a picture for Photo Friday that was not my own, this is an image from the village we've been fund-raising for this year.
Marakathavalli and Sankar live in a mud hut in Karunganni, India. Can you imagine raising a child in these conditions. Can you imagine what it would take just to keep him clean, healthy and fed, let alone to give him what he needs in order to have a successful future?
This mom was born into a legal and cultural system that didn't allow her family to own land or build a house. The laws have changed, but in such complete poverty it's difficult to change the realities of everyday life. We have a chance to give this family (and the 24 other families who live in Karunganni) a jump start by buying the materials and training they will need to build themselves a clean, safe, sturdy home.
Guess What? You can help! Your $10 donation helps this family and enters you to win a fabulous prize. Take a moment to check out the full prize list!Related Links:
Passports With Purpose
About Photo Friday:
You are invited to join us for Photo Friday! It's a great way to get to know other bloggers and to help them get to know you. Just post a "Photo Friday" picture on your own blog, and link directly to your post from the linky below (If your url is longer than 100 characters, you will need to use a url shortening service, like bit.ly)
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.