I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who came to the Mom's Night Out event hosted by the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland. Everything came together so nicely, and we had a terrific night. I always enjoy getting together with my co-hosts Michelle Duffy, Anne Taylor and Lora Shinn, and we had a great time answering questions and meeting everyone who came to the event.
If you were not able to make it, I thought I'd post a behind-the-scenes look at what happened. You can also read a dad's eye view of our evening at The Carey Adventures
This picture of the room doesn't do it justice. Half of the room was set up theater style style for our panel, and the other half had a bar, sofas and cocktail tables. It was the perfect place to lounge, drink wine, eat cupcakes, and talk travel.
Speaking of Wine and Cupcakes, (could there possibly be a better combination for a mom's night out?) Trio Vintners provided wine for the evening. Trio is a local, 50% woman owned winery and if you get a chance to visit Walla Walla, you should stop in for a taste.
The cupcakes were provided by Trophy Cupcakes (another mom owned business). Don't they look yummy? We had two flavors - triple coconut and salted caramel (my favorite)
It was hard to stay inside, though, on this rare sunny afternoon... look at the view out the window.
Still, even though I was anxious for weeks about whether anyone would show up to hear the four of us speak, the room really started to fill up! We had to bring in extra chairs for the late arrivals.
Did you see that stack of gift bags behind the registration desk? Here's what each attendee received.
- Roll Up Market Tote from Lands End (isn't that pink color cute - this is going to be my summer beach tote!)
- BabyLegs Leg Warmers. These are great for covering that gap between pants and socks on a cold day - or to add more color to your wardrobe if you are my daughter D.
- Mini Travel Activity Kit from TravelKiddy. This is a sample size of their well thought out travel activity kids, and my kids couldn't wait to break into it.
- SeeHere 8x8 photo book by Fuji
- Sticky Fingers Recipe of the Month Club Subscription (what a great no-clutter gift idea)
- Gift Certificate for a free trial of GoGo Inflight Internet on your next air flight.
- $10 off gift certificate for childcare at Adventure Kids Playcare
- Malie Kai Dark or Milk Chocolate Bars made with chocolate grown on the Island of Hawaii, a gift from The Islands of Hawaii
- $50 off your summer photo session from Judith Fernstrom Photography
- Girls felt hairclips from L&H Designs
- Episencial Premium Travel Sized Playful Foaming Wash (this baby wash smells super yummy, and I ended up using it myself after washing the kids with it)
- Packing Pal packing checklist from Baby Daze
I'll be giving away a goodie bag to one lucky reader tomorrow! Check back for details.
This event was part of the Words at the Woodmark series of events, and if you live in the area, you should check out the other great evenings they have planned.