Charms to ward off the Evil Eye seem to be available in every shop in Istanbul. You see them hanging in windows, dangling near the cash register and adorning jewlery. Still, one of my favorite uses is these small candy boxes, meant to be handed out to announce the arrival of a new baby.Related Links:
City Guide: Istanbul with Kids
About Photo Friday:
You are invited to join us for Photo Friday! It's a great way to get to know other bloggers and to help them get to know you. Just post a "Photo Friday" picture on your own blog, and link directly to your post from the linky below (If your url is longer than 100 characters, you will need to use a url shortening service, like bit.ly)
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.