Photo Friday: Shipping
Working waterfront doesn't sound as idyllic as an isolated beach, but with kids in tow, an active shipping corridor is a view that everyone can sit still and enjoy. Here's a shot I just love from Alki Beach in Seattle
Things to do in Seattle With Kids
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.
4 comments | Posted on August 11, 2011 | Save to del.icio.us
Subscribe to our feed
Jessica on August 11, 2011 at 9:55 p.m.
Thanks so much for hosting. My kids always enjoy the goings-on at a working harbor, as well. We stood forever and watched the barges in a New Jersey harbor. You wouldn't think it would be so interesting, but it was.
Sonja on August 12, 2011 at 7:10 a.m.
Love the things having kids make you stop, look, and listen to in life.
Lauren on August 12, 2011 at 10:21 a.m.
One of the things I love about Seattle is the contrasts of the absolutely gorgeous mountain and water backdrop of the city and its seriously urban and industrial core at the mouth of the Duwamish.
Debbie on August 12, 2011 at 10:25 p.m.
Working waterfront views are a great choice when we're trying to sneak the kids through a meal at a nicer restaurant too!