Photo Friday: Koi and Kids
You'd never know that this shot was taken inside the tchotchke filled International Marketplace in Waikiki. If you work your way past the racks of shell lei, pineapple barrettes and refrigerator magnets you'll find a shady center courtyard, a koi pond, and the trunk of the huge banyan tree that embraces the market.Related Links
Oahu with Kids
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.
3 comments | Posted on July 21, 2011 | Save to del.icio.us
Subscribe to our feed
Mara on July 21, 2011 at 7:25 p.m.
I love "secret" places like this - it's amazing where you can find them if you just look.
walkingontravels on July 21, 2011 at 8:33 p.m.
Looks like we both had Hawaii on the brain this week. Like Mara, I love finding the hidden spots in otherwise ordinary places. Kids are the best at helping us find them too. My son slows me down enough to actually look at where I am going.
Bluegreen Kirk on July 22, 2011 at 9:50 a.m.
I love Koi ponds! Its funny that it would be in such a weird places though. I wonder how many people pass and not even notice.