I never for a minute lose track of how lucky my kids and I have been to travel as much as we do. Mostly we travel at our own expense, but sometimes we're lucky enough to have someone, like the truly lovely folks at Tourism Vancouver help us find accommodations or free passes to local attractions.
I like to think the kids are mostly oblivious to it all, and certainly their opinions are uninfluenced - since they're never spending their own money. Still, something about this picture of Everest carrying a huge envelope filled with press material just cracks me up anyway. Someday he'll complain "mom, no normal kid has to carry a big envelope filled with glossy promotional material on vacation."
A Blogger's Son Part 1
About Photo Friday:
You are invited to join us for Photo Friday! It's a great way to get to know other bloggers and to help them get to know you. Just post a "Photo Friday" picture on your own blog, and link directly to your post from the linky below (If your url is longer than 100 characters, you will need to use a url shortening service, like bit.ly)
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.