We're building the first crowd-sourced iPhone guide to Vancouver, Canada and we hope you'll help! The guide will have all the features of our popular TripDoc app, but it will come pre-loaded with recommendations for things to do in the Vancouver area and will be available for free in the Apple App Store! This is a great way to share your expertise and, if you have a blog or website, it's also a great way to bring new visitors to your site.
Bloggers - Why You Should Participate
- Each of your recommendations will include your blog name and a link back to your full blog post so that anyone who uses the the TripDoc Vancouver iPhone app can visit your blog to read more.
- Link love from TripDoc.com and DeliciousBaby.com websites (links are “do follow”)
- We'll be releasing TripDoc in time for TBEX, so this is a great way to show off your best stuff for your fellow bloggers as they navigate the Vancouver using TripDoc Vancouver
- Participate in the first travel-blogger-sourced travel guide for the iPhone
- If you're attending TBEX, you'll have a useful app that helps you find your way around Vancouver!
- You can get started by entering your recommendations here. It should take less than 5 minutes.
More about TripDoc Vancouver
This free iPhone app will let users:
- See a list of recommended Vancouver attractions, restaurants, hotels, bars, etc., all on one map,
- Add their own listings in Vancouver (like their hotel, suggestions from friends, etc.),
- Get directions, either walking, driving, or via public transit,
- Jot down notes for each place and flag places they don’t want to miss, and
- Email places to friends and family.
What We're Looking ForHotels, Attractions and Restaurants that feel special. We're looking for the place you'd recommend to a close friend (or a fellow travel blogger)
Deadline and Fine PrintAll recommendations must be submitted here by Friday May 20. 2011
- We need your permission to use any text and images that you submit (which means that you need to own them yourself) but it's ok for them to be copies of content already available on your site
- We'll always link back to your website when we use your recommendation
- We'll never use your recommendations as part of a paid app
- We may edit your submission for clarity or accuracy and may not use all submissions.
- When more than one person submits a recommendation for the same place, we'll choose just one to include.
- We hope that you love using the app during the conference, and that you’ll want to tell your friends and blog audiences about it.
- Over time, we hope to find more ways to help bloggers share their stories and recommendations with readers via TripDoc. Your feedback on this first version will help us get there.
- The TripDoc Vancouver Guide, will be a free app in Apple’s AppStore. There is also a “full version” TripDoc app in the AppStore for $4.99 that lets users keep track of all the places they want to visit anywhere in the world. If you users want, they can add your Vancouver recommendations to the full version for free.
- Recommend one or more places by filling out this form. You need the name, address and link to the place you are recommending, along with a link to your blog post on your blog and an (optional) picture. It should take less than 5 minutes to write.
- Give us permission to use your text and image in the app and on the web -- we’ll always include attribution and a link back.
Subscribe to our feed