Photo Friday: Space Needle
Next week will be Seattle week on DeliciousBaby, and frankly I can't think of a better time to tell you about why I love this city so much. I thought I'd kick it off with a shot of the Space Needle. Right not the needle is painted orange (the original color used during the 1962 world's fair) in celebration of its 50th anniversary. I think it fits right in with the more modern buildings in this shot.Related Links
Seattle with Kids
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.
4 comments | Posted on May 31, 2012 | Save to del.icio.us
Subscribe to our feed
Lisa @ Gone With The Family on June 1, 2012 at 4:30 a.m.
I didn't know that the Space Needle was celebrating it's 50th Birthday already! Looking forward to Seattle week.
Steve on June 1, 2012 at 9:02 a.m.
The Space Needle is one of my favorite things about Seattle, but I don't think I've ever been to the top. I just love the way it looks, and how you can see it from so many places in the city.
Adam Sommer on June 4, 2012 at 8:51 a.m.
I love visiting Seattle as well! I must say though, I was surprised by the Space Needle the 1st time....every photo of the Seattle skyline makes it appear to be right downtown...I hadn't realized it was a bit away from city center. Regardless, its still a great attraction to visit!
loco2 on June 6, 2012 at 8:55 a.m.
I think this post is really cool. I've learnt something new. To know it was built 50 years ago highlights the innovation and creativity of the architect. The Space Needle being painted completely orange is even much more amazing,nice way to celebrate :)