Photo Friday: Model Travels
They never make the list of top attractions in a city (and in fact, the model train museum in this picture is now defunct) but train museums and model train clubs can be great places to stop in for a visit during a busy travel day. There's something about models that kids just adore, and many train museums have a kids area with a few trains that kids can play with. In a pinch, we've even made do with a train shop!
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.
5 comments | Posted on April 4, 2013 | Save to del.icio.us
Subscribe to our feed
Sere@Light Of World Photography on April 4, 2013 at 6:46 p.m.
So, so sorry about my double link. I totally didn't mean to do that :(. I would delete it if I could.
coolnewz on April 4, 2013 at 11:21 p.m.
not only kids adore model trains. Here in Germany this is a big business for adults who like ... toys! :)
Kate @ Wild Tales of... on April 5, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.
You are so right! Trains large and small are so fascinating to kids and adults alike. We took Bergen to the Volunteer Park Conservatory over Christmas and he had so much fun watching the train go round and round...since he gets that fun, then we don't feel so bad walking around enjoying the flower displays.
Alison on April 10, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.
I totally agree, trains are fun for everyone. Some of my best memories of my nephew are taking him for train rides. He would radiate a joy that was unreal. Toy trains, or real trains - to him they were all just as fun. Cheers.
Eliot on October 2, 2013 at 4:17 p.m.
I had toy railroad model long time ago. It was made in East German. That was very nice replica and it was working great. I had a lot of fun.