This is a special Photo Friday. You'll notice lots of pictures of California's State Parks this week, and I hope you'll take a moment to click through on some of the links.
I grew up in California, visiting the state parks. They include some most beautiful coastline in the world, the Redwoods, and the Sierra Nevada mountains. The state parks were where we spent our summer vacations. Now that we've moved out of state, we still return to the parks when we visit California.
Unfortunately, budget cuts have had a devastating impact on the parks. California's Proposition 21 would give the parks a much needed cash infusion. I won't pretend to understand the nuance of California State Law or the California budget, but please, California, find a way to save your beautiful parks.
Thank you to Bridget Smith of Family Adventure Guidebooks who suggested this theme.Related Links
Crystal Cove State Beach, and Antidote to Disneyland
About Photo Friday:
You are invited to join us for Photo Friday! It's a great way to get to know other bloggers and to help them get to know you. Just post a "Photo Friday" picture on your own blog, and link directly to your post from the linky below (If your url is longer than 100 characters, you will need to use a url shortening service, like bit.ly)
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.