Photo Friday: Pit Stop
It's one of my favorite road trip hacks - the Pet Shop Pit Stop. They're open early, and close late. Almost every town has one, and the kids get a chance to stretch their legs and look at something interesting without pestering me to buy a thing.
Finding Something to Do Where There Are No Big Attractions
What is Photo Friday?
- Post a travel photo on your site. It can be about any topic, as long as it is G-rated.
- The focus of the post should be on your photo.
- You don't need to be a professional photographer (I'm not), but do showcase your best work, and make it big enough to see well!
- It's nice to include a few sentences about the photo, but it is not required.
- Link back here so that your readers can see all the other great Photo Friday posts.
6 comments | Posted on July 12, 2012 | Save to del.icio.us
Subscribe to our feed
walkingon travels on July 12, 2012 at 10:27 p.m.
Great tip! We call the pet shop the aquarium on days we don't feel like trekking downtown. I'm waiting for the day that he realizes we could actually be bringing those fish home with us ;-)
Jody on July 13, 2012 at 7:58 a.m.
HA! While my girls love pet shops- and even if they know there is NO WAY we are buying a critter- I always hear how cute they are with at least a dozen "I wish" and at least one "Please can we have".
But we go anyway because you are right- they are great stops.
Allison on July 13, 2012 at 12:59 p.m.
That's such a great idea for little kids! My daughter is now 8 and we did come home with a fish for her once, so I'm the one treading in more dangerous waters at the pet store now.
Steve on July 13, 2012 at 10:12 p.m.
Love stopping at the pet shop, but how exactly do you get the kids to not pester you about buying the animals? That's a trick worthy of an entire series of blog posts.
Todd on July 15, 2012 at 11:54 a.m.
Great idea, I just hope the kids won't talk me into buying another furry traveling companion:)
Surminga on July 20, 2012 at 4:26 a.m.
This is a great idea! Never thought of pet stores in this way, let alone kids it could keep me entertained for a while!